Oh look, it’s 2013. Time to trot out the list of resolutions and resolve to make things different this year. This year will be the year – not like last year! Right?! Well… maybe. But in our experience probably not. If you’ve been following this site for the last few months then you know that we are taking a different approach.
Rather than making big, overarching proclamations that tend to fail, we’ve made a list of small steps , little goals, tiny resolutions. We complete them as we go, doing the work when we’re willing and able. And it seems to be working! With that in mind, rather than listing our 2013 resolutions, here’s a list of the things that we accomplished in 2012:
1. Paid off over $13,000 of credit card debt.
2. Paid off our car, over $6000 – we still had over a year left on the loan.
3. Further refined our diet and began the big shift toward a primarily plant-based diet.
4. Launched this blog, a project we’ve been working on-and-off for at least 2 years.
5. Josh lost 35 lbs this year. Not as much as he wanted, but more than he’s ever lost before.
6. Made huge inroads toward minimizing our home – we sold/donated most of our physical media, sold a lot of Lora’s clothes, and even sold one of Josh’s beloved guitars.
7. Wrote our first short screenplay and submitted it to DC Shorts .
8. We committed to meditation practice, and while we didn’t always stick to it, we spent more time meditating this year than ever before.
To be clear, we’re not bragging – we just want to show what’s possible. Overall, 2012 was our most productive year yet. There’s still a huge amount of room for improvement, but we’re super proud of this year’s accomplishments. We have big plans for 2013, but you’ll hear about them as we go. No promises, just results.